3:30 p.m. - 9 p.m.
1. Call to Order.
2. 17-527 Proposed 2018 Legislative Priorities
4:00 p.m. - Presentations:
3. 17-472 FY 17 Annual Grant Presentation
(Holly Bittle, Budget and Special Programs Analyst)
4. 17-526 Website Presentation
(Jody Saunders, Communications Coordinator)
5. 5:00 p.m. - Closed Meeting.
6. Certify Closed Meeting.
7. Boards and Commissions: Vacancies and Appointments.
8. Call Back to Order.
9. Pledge of Allegiance.
10. Moment of Silence.
11. Adoption of Final Agenda.
12. Brief Announcements by Board Members.
14. From the Public: Matters Not Listed for Public Hearing on the Agenda.
15. Consent Agenda (on next sheet)
15a. 17-285 B.F. Yancey Transition Team Letter Presentation.
(Peggy Scott, Transition Team Member)
16. Alternative Use of Belvedere Greenway Proffer Funds. To receive comments on a resolution to authorize alternative uses of cash proffer funds received from ZMA 2004-07 Belvedere Proffers 3.2 Greenway and 3.3 Greenway Bridge. Pursuant to Virginia Code §15.2-2303.2 a locality may utilize any cash payments proffered for capital improvements for alternative improvements of the same category within the locality in the vicinity of the improvements for which the cash payments were originally made. Cash Payments from Proffer 3.2 are to be used towards construction of a greenway trail within the Belvedere greenway property (a portion of Tax Map Parcel (TMP) 062A3-00-00-00100, and a portion of TMP 06200-00-00-002C0) to be dedicated to Albemarle County. Cash payments received from Proffer 3.3 areto be used towards “construction of a pedestrian bridge linking the Rivanna River Greenway in Dunlora (TMP 062F0-00-00-000A3) to RiverRun (TMP 062D1-00-00-001A0).” An alternative use of funds for greenway construction is proposed on a property (TMP 046C0-00-00-000A1) owned by the Albemarle County because the Belvedere greenway dedication to the County has not yet occurred. An alternative use of greenway bridge funds is proposed to be used on the same property (TMP 046C0-00-00-000A1) because the County has not yet received the easements or dedication from the owner of (TMP 062F0-00-00-000A3 ) in order to construct the bridge at the location proposed in Proffer 3.3.
(Rebecca Ragsdale, Senior Permit Planner)
17. SP201700009 UVa Golf Indoor Practice Facility.
PROJECT: SP201700009 UVa Indoor Golf Practice Facility – Amendment
MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Samuel Miller
PROPOSAL: Amend SP2015-19 to construct a 2 story, up to 14,000 sq. ft. building addition, use three existing smaller structures, and provide associated parking and infrastructure for an indoor/outdoor golf practice facility for use by University of Virginia golf teams, Birdwood members, and Boar's Head Resort guests. The proposed location of this facility is approximately 400 feet to the west of the previously approved location and is adjacent to the existing Birdwood Golf Course.
TAX MAP/PARCEL(S): 07500-00-00-06300
LOCATION: 480 Birdwood Dr., Charlottesville, VA 22903 PROPOSAL:
PETITION: Swim, golf, tennis, or similar athletic facilities under Section 184.108.40.206 of the zoning ordinance. No new dwellings proposed on this 544-acre parcel.
ZONING: R1 Residential, which allows residential use by right (1 unit per acre).
OVERLAY DISTRICT(S): ENTRANCE CORRIDOR, AIRPORT IMPACT AREA, and STEEP SLOPES – MANAGED and – PRESERVED.
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Institutional use which allows for schools, libraries, parks, major utilities, hospitals, universities, colleges, ancillary facilities, and undeveloped publicly owned property; and Parks and Green Systems which allows for parks, playgrounds, play fields, greenways, trails, paths, recreational facilities and equipment, plazas, outdoor sitting areas, natural areas, and preservation of stream buffers, floodplains, and steep slopes adjacent to rivers and streams in Neighborhood 6 of the Southern and Western Urban Neighborhoods.
(Tim Padalino, Senior Planner)
18. ZMA201500006 Shadwell Estates.
PROJECT: ZMA201500006 Shadwell Estates MAGISTERIAL DISTRICT: Scottsville
TAX MAP/PARCEL: 079000000023F0
LOCATION: Located on North Milton Road (Route 729) across from Stone Robinson Elementary School.
PROPOSAL: To amend the proffers for approved ZMA1977-24 to allow up to 7 residential lots and private street. The following special exceptions are requested: Disturbance to critical slopes, modification of requirement for rectangular building site, modification of maximum setback requirement.
PETITION: Request to amend proffers for ZMA1977-24 on property zoned Planned Residential Development (PRD) which allows residential (3-34 units/acre) with limited commercial uses.
OVERLAY DISTRICT: Entrance Corridor (EC); Flood Hazard (FH)
COMPREHENSIVE PLAN: Rural Area – preserve and protect agricultural, forestal, open space, and natural, historic
and scenic resources; residential (0.5 unit/ acre in development lots).
(Rachel Falkenstein, Senior Planner)
19. From the Board: Committee Reports and Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
20. From the County Executive: Report on Matters Not Listed on the Agenda.
21. Closed Meeting (if needed).
22. Adjourn to September 19, 2017, 10:00 a.m., Room 241.
15. FOR APPROVAL (by recorded vote):
15.1. Approval of Minutes: April 12, April 18, May 3, June 7, June 14, June 19, July 18, August 4, and August 16, 2017.
15.2. Piedmont Council of the Arts Closure and Recommended Redirection of County’s FY 18 Contribution
15.3. Donation of Unmanned Aerial Device
15.4. Special Exception: UVA Squash at Boar’s Head
15. FOR INFORMATION (no vote necessary):
15.5. VDOT Monthly Report (September).
401 McIntire Rd
Charlottesville VA, 22902
Albemarle Info: 434-296-5822
Clerk's office: 434-296-5843